Desværre, så sender vi ikke til dit landse vores shipping destinationer
Kontakt venligst vores service center. Vi er på telefonen til kl. 16:00. 70204011
Longer fork trail offers a little more comfort; a shorter one gives the rider more agile geometry. The Aeroad CF can be adjusted to suit your individual preferences or to meet the needs of the next course. Do you prefer an agile ride on tricky inner-city courses? Then you’ll be better off selecting the agile position. Do you above all want a road bike that stays sturdy and right on course on the descents? Then all you have to do is turn the inserts around in the fork drop outs of the Aeroad CF and you’ll immediately have a little more fork trail. You no longer have to adapt to the characteristics of the bike; now it’s vice-versa!
You can easily adjust the fork trail on the Aeroad by changing the Rake Shift inserts in the fork drop-outs. This is how it’s done:
1. Remove the front wheel. The instructions manual you received with your new Canyon will show you how to do this.
2. With your new Aeroad you will have received a TX10 L-key (Torx). Use this tool to unscrew the two screws from the fork drop-outs and then you can remove the Rake Shift inserts as shown. Picture 1 Picture 2
4. In order to adjust the fork trail, you fit the right insert into the left fork drop out and the left insert into the right fork drop out. Turn both inserts 180° on their vertical axis. Both inserts must fit in the drop outs without having to apply excessive force and be flush with the drop out as shown in the picture. Picture 5
In addition the nose on the side of each insert muss always point outwards.
5. Now you tighten both inserts with the TX10 L-Key (Torx) to 0.9 Nm.
6. Wipe off excess grease from the sides of drop outs as shown. Picture 6
7. Put the front wheel back in. The instruction manual you received with your new Canyon gives you clear instructions on how to do this.
There are 3 possible ranges of fork trail adjustment on the Aeroad CF:
55mm (front position of the insert): Relatively short fork trail, the ride is much livelier.
60mm: (rear position of the insert): Relatively long fork trail, the bike offers a far sturdier ride.
57.5mm (mid-position of the insert): A compromise between the two ranges above. In order to achieve this range of fork trail on the Aeroad, a special insert is required. You can order this insert from Canyon direct. Picture 7