If you take care of your Canyon properly during the season, you won’t need to do much when you take it out of service for a short time, except to ensure it is adequately protected from theft. We recommend that you store your Canyon in a dry, well ventilated room. If you want to store your Canyon for the winter period, you’ll need to observe the following:
- During the long period of storage the tubes gradually deflate. If your Canyon is standing on a flat tyre for a longer period, this can damage the tyre. It’s therefore better to hang up your wheels or regularly check the tyre pressure.
- Your Canyon should also be cleaned if it is not to be used for a longer period.
- Remove the seat post and let any moisture in the seat tube and seat post dry off. Spray some oil into the seat post tube. (Not in the case of carbon frames and tubes)
- Store your Canyon in a dry room.
- Don’t expose your Canyon to intense sunlight over long periods. This could cause the tyres to start chafing.
- Shift onto the smallest chain ring and at the rear onto the smallest sprocket. This relieves the tension on the shift cables.
- Hydraulic brake lines can attract moisture after a longer period of time. Therefore, after longer periods out of service, you should check that the disc brakes have a tangible biting point and the brake levers can’t be pulled right through until they touch the handlebars. If this is the case, then you’ll need to bleed the brakes.
- -Check the correct air pressure of the spring elements and tyres when you start riding again.
Canyon søger hele tiden at sikre kvaliteten og opdatere information, der er tilgængeligt i vores Technical Support Center. Alle reparationer og justeringer du foretager på din cykel er helt på egen risiko. Hvis du er tvivl om, hvad du skal gøre. så bør du sende din cykel til Canyon eller en anden kvalificeret specialist. Canyon giver ingen garantier og kan ikke holdes ansvarlig for informationen tilgængeligt i dette Technical Support Center.