Unfortunately, we do not ship to your country.see our shipping destinations
Please contact our Servicecenter. We are available today until 19:00 CET: +49 261 40 4000
The quick release system consists mainly of the following parts:
2. Now move the lever again to close. You should not be able to feel significant resistance until the lever is half closed and the lever should also move freely.
3. At half way you should be able to feel significant resistance on the lever. When the lever has almost reached the locking position, you should need to exert considerable pressure to move it. Use the ball of your thumb to push the lever into the lock position, holding on to the fork blade (not the brake disc!) with your other fingers for support. Picture 4
4. When the lever has reached the lock position, it should be parallel to the bike and should not be possible to release the lever by accident. Picture 5
5. Check the lever is completely locked by trying to move it.
6. If the quick release lever can be turned, then it is not correctly fitted. Open it again and increase the tension with the tensioning bolt on the other side of the skewer by turning it half a turn clockwise.
7. Repeat the locking procedure and check again for tight fitting. If the lever can no longer be moved, then the lever is fully tight.
8. Now lift the wheel several centimetres off the ground giving the wheel a tap from above. A wheel that is securely fitted will not move; however a wheel that is too loose could potentially fall out of the drop outs.
The RWS quick release from DT Swiss offers several advantages. The system secures the wheel irrespective of the amount of heat the wheel is exposed to. This quality makes the system an ideal component on a bike with disc brakes. Picture 6
To tighten up the system turn the lever while holding the adjusting nut (located on the opposite side of the hub). The required minimum hand force is 15 Nm. Depending on the frame or fork construction it may be necessary to throw the lever several times. To open the system turn the lever anti-clockwise while holding the adjusting nut. Do not use the red bolt for opening or closing