Extraordinary surface design on black carbon frames
Canyon uses an innovative manufacturing method and coating process which guarantees a direct view of the carbon fibres on every bicycle frame. This is how we make the carbon fibre lay-up visible and every chassis therefore gets its own unique finish. Depending on the angle of the light shining on the frame, the appearance of this finish can change. This does not represent a flaw in the frame or its outer coating. Picture 1
This is the Canyon method of showing how the unidirectional carbon fibre layouts really look. Canyon is therefore pursuing a highly innovative path – away from the mainstream towards a completely new design which is dominated by functionality.
Compared to steel and aluminum, carbon fibre has some unique characteristics.
It is possible that a thin plastic foil is placed inside the fork or the frame. It is used to manufacture the frame and cannot be removed. You can buy a felt plug which you can put into the steerer tube. This blocks the view of the plastic foil.
If you follow these hints, you will enjoy riding your Canyon for a long time:
- If you assemble parts made of carbon, or if you assemble parts on a carbon frame, always tighten the screws with the correct torque. You can find the correct torques in the manuals provided by the manufacturers.
- Carbon parts do not have unlimited durability. Therefore you should replace them at regular intervals with new parts. You can find the service life of carbon parts in the manuals provided by the relevant manufacturers.
- Only apply carbon assembly paste and not grease to carbon parts or carbon frames.
- Only clean carbon parts with a soft, dry or wet cloth. Only apply water or soap suds. Finish by sealing the frame surface with hard wax.
- If you have a carbon handlebar, check the manual first if it is possible to assemble bar ends. Time-trail extensions may not be fitted to carbon handlebars.
Never expose carbon to strong heat. Temperatures over 100°C can demage the carbon structure. Never leave carbon in your car on hot days.
A Canyon procura regulamente assegurar a qualidade e fiabilidade da informação constante no Centro de Apoio Técnico. Qualquer reparação ou ajuste levado a cabo na sua bicicleta é da sua inteira responsabilidade e risco. Caso tenha dúvidas na execução de alguma tarefa, deverá contactar uma pessoa qualificada para efetuar a reparação, dentro ou fora da Canyon. A Canyon não oferece qualquer garantia nem aceita qualquer responsabilidade sobre qualquer informação contida no Centro de Apoio Técnico.