Henri Kiefer is in the early stages of what will be an incredible career. Already he’s no stranger to gold medals and the top podium step. As a member of the new Canyon CLLCTV Pirelli team, the future’s bright for downhill racing.
- 178 cm
- What's your warm-up routine before a race?
- I didn't really have one but I always did a bit of mobility, riding on my bike around and sometimes small sprints.
- What are your top 3 music tracks for getting pumped to ride?
- Rock & Roll Queen (The Subways) - Flako Loko (Seltron 6 Billi) - Ambition for cash (Key Glock)
- What's the dumbest way you've injured yourself?
- I didn‘t injured myself dumb till now, hopefully it stays like this.
- What’s your favourite training ride?
- At the moment, I like doing climbs and the straight into the dh with my enduro bike, it's good training.
- Training in the gym or training on the bike?
- More training on the bike but sometimes it depends.
- Mud or dust?
- Roots or Rocks?
- 27.5", 29er or Mullet?
- What scares you?
- Being not able to control my body anymore.
I can be even better with time
- Would you rather old school geometry with modern suspension or old school suspension and modern geometry?
- Old school suspension and modern geometry.
- Would you rather come first with a run you weren’t happy with or come second knowing you left everything on the course?
- Rather come first with a run you weren't happy with because then I know I‘m good and have the pace so I need to work on my run to be more clean so I can be even better with time.
- How do you remain calm before a race or hitting a big feature?
- Saying myself that its good to be a bit nervous because then I come in my flow and in the focus (stay focused) and to have fun riding my bike.
- Goals for 2022:
- Riding top 10 in WC junior.
A Canyon Sender CFR frame L with Rockshox suspension and Sram attachments. Pedals and rims from Crankbrothers and tires from Pirelli. Last but not least some good grips and a saddle from Ergon.
|Fork pressure:||120 psi|
|Fork tokens:||At the moment 3|
|Shock spring weight/pressure:||350|
|Tyre pressure:||Front:1,55 and back:1,65 bar|
5th 2022 UCI DH World Cup
1st 2021 iXS Downhill Cup