Carbon Electric Bike
Carbon fiber electric bikes are currently enjoying a spike in popularity and it’s easy to see why. With state-of-the-art technology and stunning designs, carbon e-bikes make for compelling and comfortable rides on a variety of terrains.
FOX 36 Rhythm, Shimano EP801Free ground shipping$4,499$5,399You save $900Financing available for this product
- Color: Stealth
Shimano Steps EP8 Motor, Rock Shox Zeb Ultimate RC2Free ground shippingFrom $7,199$8,199You save $1,000Financing available for this product
- Color: Roczen 94
Shimano EP801, Rock Shox Lyrik SelectFree ground shipping$4,099$5,499You save $1,400Financing available for this product
- Color: Infiniti Red
Bosch Performance Line Speed 28mph, SRAM Rival XPLR eTap AXSFree ground shipping$3,999$4,999You save $1,000Financing available for this product
- Color: Sand
Bosch Performance Line Speed 28mph, Shimano DEORE XT M8100Free ground shipping$3,999Financing available for this product
- Color: Anchor Grey
Bosch Performance Line Speed 28mph, SRAM Force XPLR eTap AXSFree ground shipping$5,799$6,499You save $700Financing available for this product
- Color: Dark Olive
Shimano GRX RX812 GS, DT Swiss HG 1800 SplineFree ground shipping$4,499$4,999You save $500Financing available for this product
- Color: Cloud Grey
Shimano GRX RX812 GS, DT Swiss HG 1800 SplineFree ground shipping$4,199$4,699You save $500Financing available for this product
- Color: grey/black
- Color: blue/black
Fox 38 Performance Grip, Shimano Steps EP8 MotorFree ground shippingFrom $4,899$5,499You save $600Financing available for this product
- Color: Stealth
Fox 36 Rhythm Grip, Shimano EP801Free ground shippingFrom $4,399$5,199You save $800Financing available for this product
- Color: Eternal Blue
RockShox ZEB Ultimate, Shimano EP801Free ground shippingFrom $8,999Financing available for this product
- Color: Thunder 94
Rock Shox Lyric Base, Shimano EP801Free ground shipping$4,999Financing available for this product
- Color: Boundless Grey
What are the advantages of carbon e-bikes?
The carbon fiber and electric motor combination that gives the carbon e-bike its name has many advantages:
- Carbon fiber tubes and frames can be molded into any conceivable shape – resulting in slick, modern and sporty frames without unsightly welds.
- Carbon fiber is extremely light. As such, carbon e-bikes are often lighter than their aluminum counterparts.
- Carbon e-bikes are incredibly robust and offer high torsional rigidity. This means that their frames hardly warp at all, even under heavy loads, allowing them to easily convert your pedaling power into speed.
- The sturdiness of an e-bike with a carbon frame positively impacts the bike’s performance when riding.
What’s the difference between a carbon e-bike and an aluminum e-bike?
E-bikes made from carbon fiber have a lot in common with those made from aluminum, especially in terms of stability and durability. While both can handle heavy loads, there are still several notable differences between the two.
In terms of distortion-resistance, carbon e-bikes have the edge. Carbon fiber frames twist and warp less than aluminum frames while riding. The best carbon electric bikes are also lighter than aluminum e-bikes.
How can I recognize Canyon e-bikes with carbon frames?
You can spot carbon fiber frames on Canyon electric bikes by the letter combination “CF.” If you see these letters anywhere in the product name, it has a carbon frame.
Which e-bikes are manufactured with a carbon frame?
You can find carbon frame e-bikes in almost every category. From electric gravel bikes and electric road bikes with carbon frames, to e-mountain bikes and e-city bikes, there are plenty of models available to choose from.
What should you consider before buying a carbon e-bike?
Choosing and buying a new bike is difficult, because there are so many great choices out there. With a carbon e-bike from Canyon, you’re guaranteed high-quality and comfortable rides for years to come. That said, there are still a few things you should be aware of when it comes to choosing the best carbon electric bike for your needs:
- Carbon fiber frames and parts are sensitive to pressure, so any screws must only be tightened using a torque wrench. Check the instruction manual for your model to find the appropriate type of torque wrench to use.
- Standard grease is not appropriate for installing screws on carbon e-bikes or additional parts made from carbon fiber. Instead, always use a special mounting paste.
- Never use aggressive cleaning agents on carbon e-bikes. Instead, it’s better to use a soft cloth, lukewarm water and special bicycle cleaners. You can then apply special waxes or carbon care products once your bike is clean.