Road bikes with Shimano 105
Ride smoothly, accelerate powerfully and ride through your surroundings at high speed. Road bikes are addictive. For beginners and advanced riders, a road bike with Shimano’s 105 groupset offers everything that counts: low weight, durability and good performance at an unbeatable price.
Shimano 105 R7000 GS, Fulcrum Racing 900 DBFree ground shipping$2,199Financing available for this product
- Color: Stealth
- Color: True Red
DT Swiss Endurance LN, Shimano 105 Di2 R7100, 12-speedFree ground shipping$3,499Financing available for this product
- Color: Placid Blue
Shimano 105 R7000 GS, DT Swiss Endurance LNFree ground shipping$1,799
- Color: True Blue
Shimano 105 Di2 R7100, 12-speed, Fulcrum Racing 900 DBFree ground shipping$2,399$2,699You save $300Financing available for this product
- Color: Stealth
- Color: Light Blue
Shimano 105 R7000 SS, DT Swiss P 1800 Spline dbFree ground shipping$3,299Financing available for this product
- Color: Dark Grey
Advantages of Shimano 105 on your road bike
Shimano offers many road bike groupsets at different performance and price levels. The 105 groupset is one of Shimano’s most proven mechanical groupsets. You can find out here what a 105 groupset offers on your road bike. Advantages of the Shimano 105 groupset at a glance:
- High reliability for beginners and advanced riders
- Clean and direct shifting
- Highly technical
- Unbeatable value for money
The Shimano 105 groupset encompasses good workmanship and precise shifting. Riders of all performance levels will enjoy the smooth experience. Whether you’re surprised by steep sections, potholes or rain on your route, the 11-speed cassette on your road bike is prepared for everything.
Another advantage is direct shifting. The 2x11 gears of Shimano 105 can be changed quickly and easily. They offer an ideal gear ratio for every uphill and downhill gradient. Due to the small increments of the sprockets, every road cyclists quickly finds their rhythm.
The Shimano 105 groupset shines with its high technical level. The manufacturer always develops the latest features for the high-end road bike groupsets, which later pass on to Shimano 105 with slightly cheaper materials.
A big advantage of Shimano 105 groupsets is the price. The materials are less light than the top models, however the costs are unbeatable. Even with increase use, 105 will stay on your road bike for a long time. This compensates for the slightly heavier weight.
Which road bike is right for me: endurance, race or aero?
First of all, focus on the intended use of your road bike. This will answer the question of which bike is right for you. The Shimano 105 gears can be found in every road bike category.
- Endurance road bike: Whether it’s a marathon, a quick day ride or a relaxing loop with friends, road bikes in the endurance category offer great comfort. The less aggressive seating position and optimised geometry for long distances ensure you arrive relaxed after your ride. With the bottom bracket stiffness, our endurance frames are made to last.
- Performance road bike: Canyon performance road bikes only know one thing: the podium! They are at home in world-class road races. The light and efficient bikes are perfect for professionals and ambitious amateurs alike. The position and geometry of the bike eek out every last ounce of power from your legs to reach the finish line first.
- Aero road bike: The fastest road bikes in the world score particularly well in one category: aerodynamics. Aero road bikes are designed for high speeds and marginal gains. A streamlined frame combined with high-end technology makes you invincible.
Groupsets at a glance: what are the alternatives?
In addition to the price:performance ratio of Shimano 105, there are other gear groupsets with their own characteristics and advantages. We give you a quick overview o the most important road bike groupsets from Shimano:
- Road bike with Tiagra groupset: Tiagra is cheaper than Shimano 105 and is the entry-level groupset from Shimano.
- Road bike with Ultegra groupset: Low weight and high performance. This groupset is slightly more expensive than Shimano 105.
- Road bike with Dura Ace groupset: Equipped with high-quality materials and innovative features, the Dura Ace groupset is made for the highest demands of professional cycling and it’s got the price tag to match.
- Road bike with electronic gears: Since 2022, Shimano has been manufacturing Ultegra and Dura Ace exclusively as electronic models, recognisable by its Di2 abbreviation.
Hydraulic disc brakes or lightweight rim brakes?
You can buy road bikes with Shimano 105 with either disc brakes or rim brakes. Road bikes with disc brakes, also known as discs, define a new standard. They are more efficient than a road bike with rim brakes and will bring any rider to a complete standstill in good or bad weather. The brake grips harder, which is why you have a shorter braking distance. Although rim brakes are lighter, they lose this advantage due to longer braking distances.
Buying road bikes with Shimano 105 online
Buying a bike online from Canyon has many advantages. There is no intermediary which means you get better value for money. Our support centre provides help if you need it. How do we find the perfect bike for you? With Canyon’s Perfect Position System, we’ll find the right fit for you. You’ll feel comfortable in the saddle. Once you choose your bike, we’ll deliver your road bike with Shimano 105 gears directly to your front door.