Tarvitsetko teknistä tukea tai ohjeita? Täältä löydät vastauksen useimpiin kysymyksiin.
How Shapeshifter Works on the Strive
Shapeshifter allows you to adjust the Strive’s geometry, suspension travel and kinematics entirely on-the-go. That way you get the perfect bike setup in a second to tackle long climbs (XC Mode) or fly down the next descent (DH Mode). Image 1 Image 2
Gas Spring Adjustment
How to Set Pressure
1. Put Shapeshifter into XC Mode. To do this simply press the remote to ensure that the gas spring is decompressed.
2. Remove the dust cap at the end of the valve.
3. Attach the silver end of the adapter to the valve and then screw the shock pump hose at the side.
Attention: Air can now flow through the hose so pressure should drop by around five bar.
4. Turn the black screw on top of the adapter to engage the valve so that the gas spring can be pumped up. Image 3 Pump up to the required pressure.
Recommended air pressure: Image 4
5. Undo the black screw on top of the adapter to disengage the valve and close off the gas spring. Image 5
6. Push the button on the shock pump to release air left in the hose.
7. Unscrew the pump and adapter then replace the dust cap at the end of the valve.
After that, you can set the correct suspension sag:
How to Set Suspension Sag
Shapeshifter works best when suspension sag is set up correctly. For the Strive, this means the rear shock and fork should be pumped up so that 25% of total travel is taken up when sat on the bike. Sag should be set with Shapeshifter in DH Mode and with the suspension in the plushest compression setting. Further information about setting the correct sag can be found here
How to Use Shapeshifter
To change between DH and XC modes with Shapeshifter, all you have to do is shift your body weight while pushing the remote.
XC Mode to DH Mode
1. Drop the seatpost.
2. Hold the remote down and shift weight to the rear. Keep your legs straight and then pulse through your heels. Image 6 This will activate Shapeshifter, you should be able to hear the gas spring as it is engaged.
3. Release the remote and then shift your weight back to the centre. The system is in DH Mode when the indicator shows black. Image 7
DH Mode to XC Mode
1. Hold the remote down and shift weight towards the front.
2. Unweight the rear end of the bike by flicking up with your heels.
3. Release the remote and then shift your weight back to the centre. The system is in XC Mode when the indicator shows green. Image 8
4. Extend the seatpost.
Now you can adjust rebound and other elements that affect chassis setup. Rebound adjustment changes the speed that the suspension bounces back.
As a general rule, the following applies:
Your forks have the correct rebound setup if the front wheel does not lift off the ground when decompressing.
Your rear shock has the correct rebound setup if the shock decompresses just once after riding off a curb.
More information on adjusting rebound can be found here
Care and Maintenance
- Always store your Strive in XC Mode
- Clean the suspension and gas spring pistons with a towel
- Never clean your Strive with a jet wash
- Check the pressure in the Shapeshifter gas spring once a month
- We recommend that the gas spring should be checked by Canyon Service once a year.