Blog > CLLCTV > Rider Profile
The young gun from Germany is a promising talent for the Canyon CLLCTV Pirelli team.
Henri Kiefer is in the early stages of what will be an incredible career. Already he’s no stranger to gold medals and the top podium step. As a member of the new Canyon CLLCTV Pirelli team, the future’s bright for downhill racing.
- 178 cm
- What's your warm-up routine before a race?
- I didn't really have one but I always did a bit of mobility, riding on my bike around and sometimes small sprints.
- What are your top 3 music tracks for getting pumped to ride?
- Rock & Roll Queen (The Subways) - Flako Loko (Seltron 6 Billi) - Ambition for cash (Key Glock)
- What's the dumbest way you've injured yourself?
- I didn‘t injured myself dumb till now, hopefully it stays like this.
- What’s your favourite training ride?
- At the moment, I like doing climbs and the straight into the dh with my enduro bike, it's good training.
- Training in the gym or training on the bike?
- More training on the bike but sometimes it depends.
- Mud or dust?
- Roots or Rocks?
- 27.5", 29er or Mullet?
- What scares you?
- Being not able to control my body anymore.
I can be even better with time
- Would you rather old school geometry with modern suspension or old school suspension and modern geometry?
- Old school suspension and modern geometry.
- Would you rather come first with a run you weren’t happy with or come second knowing you left everything on the course?
- Rather come first with a run you weren't happy with because then I know I‘m good and have the pace so I need to work on my run to be more clean so I can be even better with time.
- How do you remain calm before a race or hitting a big feature?
- Saying myself that its good to be a bit nervous because then I come in my flow and in the focus (stay focused) and to have fun riding my bike.
- Goals for 2022:
- Riding top 10 in WC junior.
What's your race bike setup?
A Canyon Sender CFR frame L with Rockshox suspension and Sram attachments. Pedals and rims from Crankbrothers and tires from Pirelli. Last but not least some good grips and a saddle from Ergon.
|Fork pressure:||120 psi|
|Fork tokens:||At the moment 3|
|Shock spring weight/pressure:||350|
|Tyre pressure:||Front:1,55 and back:1,65 bar|
5th 2022 UCI DH World Cup
1st 2021 iXS Downhill Cup