At just 27 years old, you could be forgiven for thinking Troy is only just coming into his prime as one of the world's top downhill mountain bikers. But, with multiple World Cup wins to his name, and a junior world championship title, Troy has already achieved so much. He is always a rider to watch, no matter which race he lines up for. He's renowned for his consistency and ability to make the roughest sections look smooth thanks to a light and dynamic riding style. Now it's time to find out what's behind those race wins and podium finishes as we dig into who the real Tory is.
- 170 cm
- What's your warm-up routine before a race?
- Some turbo training and plyometrics
- What are your top 3 music tracks for getting pumped to ride?
- Taylor Swift, Hilltop Hoods, AC/DC
- What's the dumbest way you've injured yourself?
- Trying to do stunts for fun and being an idiot
- What’s your favourite training ride?
- Any downhilling 'cause all other training is so hard and isn’t the most fun...
- What’s your favourite race track or place to ride - and why?
- Andorra as it's so steep and fast
- What do you think the future of mountain biking looks like?
- I have no idea otherwise my bike would be in the future and be smoking all the other races! It's hard to tell where it's gonna go.
- What are your tips for coming back from injury?
- Always stick to the plan, rest is the most important and it makes big changes.
Big up front, party at the back
- Training in the gym or training on the bike?
- Both are very key for this sport, so it is a balance to get both amounts right!
- Mud or dust?
- Always love a bit of mud but dust is better 'cause there's no clean up!
- Roots or Rocks?
- I'm more of a rock fan 🤘
- 27.5" or 29er?
- Big up front party in the back
- What scares you?
- Snakes and spiders
- Would you rather have old school geometry with modern suspension or old school suspension and modern geometry?
- Old school 26" bikes were the cats pyjamas!
- Would you rather come first with a run you weren’t happy with or come second knowing you left everything on the course?
- First for sure cause then you still have more on the table!
- If you had to pick one other CLLCTV rider to room with for a week, who would you choose?
- Well, I'm with Mark Wallace at the moment, so do I even get a chance?! Haha!
- If your life was a movie, who would you want to play you?
- Arnold Schwarzenegger 'cause I'm buff AF.
- Goals for 2021:
- Win some damn races!!!!
|Fork pressure:||110 psi|
|Fork rebound clicks:||9|
|Fork compression clicks:||4|
|Shock spring weight/pressure:||375 LBS/inch|
|Shock rebound clicks:||6|
|Shock compression clicks:||2|
|Tyre pressure:||27 psi / 27 psi|
1st - UCI MTB World Cup 2021
Won Canyon's first DH World Cup title