Cycle to work with Green Commute Initiative
The Green Commute Initiative (GCI) is the UK’s leading cycle to work scheme and you can use it to finance your next Canyon, including e-bikes. There is no £1,000 limit, no end-of-scheme charge, and you can save up to 47% on your purchase.
More and more employers are offering cycle to work schemes as an attractive, affordable financing model to their employees. We’ve partnered with the Green Commute Initiative, a leading UK-based provider. There’s no limit to the price of the bike, and you can save the full tax rate on the whole price of the bike. And unlike other schemes, there is no 7% end-of-scheme charge if you want to buy the bike for yourself.
Save up to 47% through tax breaks
No £1,000 limit – buy any bike
Pay with your gross salary in manageable instalments
No end-of-scheme fees
Ride however you want – not only commuting
How does it work?
Your employer provides the Canyon through the GCI scheme. You can pay from your salary over any period you and your employer agree. Common terms are 12, 18, and 24 months. This reduces the amount of tax you have to pay so you can make significant savings on your bike. Find out how much you can save using the GCI online calculator: https://greencommuteinitiative.uk/savings/
Which Canyon bikes can I buy through GCI?
You can pick from all new bikes and Factory Outlet bikes – unlike other schemes, there is no £1,000 limit, so you can browse the full range of Canyon bikes. The Bike Guard as well as shipping costs and certain accessories can also be included.
Which accessories can I include?
You can add accessories and safety equipment including racks, child seats, locks, lights, helmets, and clothing. The accessories must complement the bike purchase: HMRC suggest a common-sense approach.
What happens after the initial hire period?
If your repayment period is longer than 12 months, then after a year, GCI will get in touch to offer an interest-free loan of the bike for 5 years. This is required due to HMRC regulations. At the end of that time, GCI can transfer the ownership title to you for a £1 fee. In essence, the bike is yours from day one.
- 1 Ask Your Employer
- First, ask your HR department if they offer a cycle to work scheme with the Green Commute Initiative. If they are not yet aware of GCI, you can provide them informational material direct from the GCI website. Your employer doesn’t have to sign up – you can also apply individually using Instant GCI.
- 2 Choose And Order
- If your employer is happy to offer the scheme, go ahead and explore our website for your dream Canyon bike and accessories. Once you have found what you are looking for, go through the payment process, select ‘Prepayment’ and complete the order. This registers your order while we process the rest for you.
- 3 Confirmation
- We will then send you an order confirmation by e-mail. From this point on, your Canyon GCI order is reserved for you for three weeks. You’ll also get a payment notice, please disregard this email as it’s negated by the hire agreement to follow.
- 4 Send Us Your Order Number
Use your Order Confirmation to apply for the scheme through the GCI Website making sure you submit the total order value, including accessories and the shipping and Bikeguard costs.
Once you’ve submitted your application, send us your order number via the GCI contact form. This lets us record the order through the scheme.
- 5 Confirmation Of Scheme
- As soon as your employer has confirmed your application and hire agreement with GCI, we’ll be notified and can then release the bike. You’ll receive a confirmation with any updated provisional shipping dates.
If you have any questions about purchasing through the Green Commute Initiative scheme, you can find contact details and in-depth information on the GCI website.
If you have any questions about how to order a Canyon bike, or about what services Canyon offers, please get in touch using the live chat function.