Blog > CLLCTV > Rider Profile
As one of the new recruits to Canyon CLLCTV, we sit down with American rider Luca Shaw to find out a bit more about him.
From his roots in North Carolina to the world stage, Luca Shaw means business when it comes to racing mountain bikes. Starting off his career in BMX, he knows how to handle a bike at fast speed. He's motivated for results in 2022 and we can't wait to see him succeed.
- 6 ft (1.83 m)
- What's your warm-up routine before a race?
- I ride the trainer for about 20 min, then I do some plyometrics and roll around on my DH bike till it's time to go to the start.
- What are your top 3 music tracks for getting pumped to ride?
- Paranoid by Black Sabbath, Bombtrack by Rage against the Machine and Dragula by Rob Zombie.
- What's the dumbest way you've injured yourself?
- On my pit bike in my backyard.
- Training in the gym or training on the bike?
- On the bike
- Mud or dust?
- Roots or Rocks?
- 27.5", 29er or Mullet?
I just focus on the things I can control
- Would you rather old school geometry with modern suspension or old school suspension and modern geometry?
- I'd rather have old school suspension and modern geometry.
- Would you rather come first with a run you weren’t happy with or come second knowing you left everything on the course?
- Obviously rather come first with a run I wasn't happy with. A win is a win!
- How do you remain calm before a race?
- I just focus on the things I can control. I try to make things as simple as possible in my head, it makes me stay calm and deal with the nerves in the right way.
- Goals for 2022:
- I want to be consistently fighting for podiums. My goal is to improve each race and stay healthy.
What's your race bike setup?
|Bike:||Canyon Sender CFR (L)|
|Shock spring weight/pressure:||425 and 105 psi|
|Tyre pressure:||23 psi front, 26 psi rear|
2nd Cranksgiving Enduro 2021
North Caronlina, USA
2nd US Downhill National Championships 2022