Storing your Canyon bike
These jobs are easy for anyone interested in cycling. You only require standard tools such as Allen keys, pliers or screw drivers. In this category you’ll find all basic adjustments for your bike.
If you take care of your Canyon properly during the season, you won’t need to do much when storing it for a short time (except keeping it safe from theft). We recommend that you store your Canyon in a dry, well ventilated room. If you want to store your Canyon for the winter, there are a few points you should observe:
- During long periods of storage, the tubes gradually deflate. If your Canyon is standing on a flat tyre for a longer period, this can damage the tyre, so you should regularly check tyre pressure or hang up your wheels.
- You should clean your Canyon if it is not in use for a longer period.
- Remove the and let any moisture in the seat tube and seat post dry off. Spray some oil into the seat post tube. (Not for carbon frames and tubes)
- Store your Canyon in a dry room.
- Don’t expose your Canyon to intense sunlight over long periods. This could cause the tyres to start chafing.
- Shift onto the smallest and into the smallest sprocket at the rear. This relieves the tension on the shift cables.
- Hydraulic brake lines can attract moisture after a longer period of time. Therefore, after longer periods out of service, you should check that the disc brakes have a tangible biting point and the brake levers can’t be pulled right through until they touch the handlebars. If this is the case, then you’ll need to bleed the brakes.
- Before riding the bike, check that the and suspension have the correct air pressure.
Disclaimer of Liability
Canyon consistently strives to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information contained in this Technical Support Centre. Any repairs or adjustments which you carry out on your bike are entirely at your own risk. If you are in any doubt what to do, you should send your bike to Canyon or take it to another qualified specialist. Canyon gives no guarantee or accepts no liability for any of the information contained in this Technical Support Centre.