Endurance road bikes
Endurace CFR New
Endurance road bike: the bicycle for long-distance riders
Comfort and performance are not mutually exclusive. You can tackle long rides without fatigue and maintain your pace across all kinds of light terrain with an endurance bike.
What is an endurance road bike?
An endurance road bike was specifically developed for long distances, with a focus on a comfortable riding position. However, you don't have to sacrifice speed and performance, due to an aerodynamically optimised frame and components. This allows for high speeds over long distances.
All of this has been made possible through the development of carbon as a frame material. Thanks to layup technology and innovative carbon fibres, damping can be increased at crucial points on the bike, such as the seatpost or steerer tube. Power transfer can be optimised or the overall weight can be reduced at other points.
What sets the endurance road bike apart from other road bikes?
With its relaxed geometry, the endurance bike is the touring bike among road bikes. After a long ride at high speed, you can still sit comfortably in the saddle on this bike. Comfort plays a much less important role on the lightning-fast race bikes and aero bikes, which are even more focused on aerodynamics, minimal air resistance, and low weight
These are the features that set our top endurance road bikes apart from other types of road bikes:
- Carbon frame that combines stiffness and flexibility and forgives bumpy sections
- A flexible seatpost and seat stays absorb vibrations
- Longer steerer tube allows for a more comfortable riding position (less bent over)
- Wider wheelbase for more stability on rough terrain
- Greater tyre clearance for wider, more heavily profiled tyres
- Hydraulic disc brakes for optimal braking performance in all weather conditions
- High-quality Shimano or SRAM groupsets with a wide range of gears
Endurance vs. Gravel Bike - What's the difference?
The boundaries between gravel and endurance bikes are fluid. The crucial difference is that a gravel bike like the Grizl or the Grail is excellent on unpaved terrain. Gravel bikes are in their element on gravel, dirt roads, or forest paths. Endurance bikes, on the other hand, excel on asphalt. They forgive bumpy, rough road surfaces more than classic road bikes.
Who is an endurance road bike suitable for?
Whether an endurance bike is right for you depends on your needs and riding habits. If the following statements apply to you, you’ll probably enjoy this type of road bike:
- You want to train your endurance primarily with a road bike.
- Long, varied rides are more important to you than setting new records.
- Participating in a long distance event makes you happier than any time trial.
Endurance road bike from Canyon
Are you looking for an endurance bike for your next long-distance adventure? Then you’ll definitely find what you're looking for in our Endurace series.
- Endurace AL: for entry into the endurance world
- Endurace CF: reliable long-distance bike with a carbon frame
- Endurace CF SL: high-quality components and innovative technology meet excellent value for money
- Endurace CF SLX: premium equipment on a lightweight frame
- Endurace CFR: premium equipment and professional grade features
- Endurace:ON: e-bike variant for maximum comfort
Buying an endurance road bike online
At Canyon, you can buy your endurance bike directly from the manufacturer with a 30-day return policy. This way, you benefit from the lowest prices for high-quality bicycles designed, developed, assembled, and tested in Germany. Our customer support is available to assist you with any questions. And the best part: we give you a 6-year voluntary manufacturer's warranty!