Road bike quiz
Power meter technology
Some of our bikes have power meters, letting you train smarter and race faster. This is how.
Canyon ServiceFull inspect and service package inc. a complete system diagnostics and check.
Canyon approved local bike mechanicsA search engine for expert local bike workshops. Hand-picked by Canyon. And customer reviews are included, so you know you can trust your mechanic. Includes E-bike servicing.
What are the features of a road bike?
A road bike is the best option for fast rides on asphalt. Thoroughbred racing bikes with carbon or aluminium frames are lighter, faster and more aerodynamic than other bike types. Here’s an overview of a road bike’s typical features:
- Frame made of ultra-light, comfortable carbon or durable, high-quality aluminium
- Performance-oriented geometry for both smooth straight-line stability and winding descents
- Lightweight components from your preferred manufacturer
- Electronic and mechanical gears for precise and smooth gear changes
- Aerodynamic deep-section rims
- Stable, stiff and lightweight wheels
- All-weather disc brakes or maintenance-friendly rim brakes
- Drop handlebars for a variety of riding and hand positions
- Optimum combination of two chainrings at the front and up to twelve sprockets at the rear for a gear range that is suitable for both climbing mountain passes and steady cruising on the flats.
Why is a road bike the right choice for you?
Whether you’re a beginner, advanced or professional: Canyon road bikes offer you uncompromising riding. Escape everyday life and enjoy the unmatched feeling of rolling over smooth tarmac. Be at one with your bike. For the best riding experience, you should match the size of the frame to your body measurements. It only takes a few clicks with the Canyon Perfect Positioning System.
Advantages of road bikes
Carbon road bike frames are super stiff. With Canyon’s modern race bikes, you can cover long distances quickly and easily. Discover previously unknown places that you thought were out of your reach. Cycling is a sport you can enjoy throughout your whole life, from young to old. Even in later life, you can challenge yourself on Alpine passes and explore new areas on a road bike.
Area of use: tarmac climbs, mountain passes and bike paths
Road bikes are ideal for riding on roads and cycle paths. At just a few kilograms in weight, you’ll soon feel the speed and lightness on mountainous and hilly routes. For rough off-road trails, pick a mountain bike. And on gravel tracks, gravel bikes offer the best combination of speed and grip.
Electric road bike: lots of speed, little effort
Electric road bikes are largely similar to their non-motorised counterparts in terms of gearing, frame height and other criteria. The key difference is they have a motor. Our electric road bikes Endurace:ON and Roadlite:ON are e-bikes for speed enthusiasts. Concentrate on your surroundings and enjoy the landscape flying by.
A wide variety: Canyon’s road bike range
Whether you are a beginner, amateur athlete or seasoned racer – at Canyon you have the choice between these racing bikes:
- Ultra-light all-round bikes
- Aero bikes with excellent aerodynamics
- Endurance bikes for long distances
- Triathlon bikes for competition
- Off-road Cyclocross bikes
Buy a road bike online
A bicycle needs high-quality components. For us, that goes without saying. Buying a road bike from Canyon means saving big money by cutting out the middleman. We offer flexible financing options, on-demand help and support from our customer service centre, generous returns options and convenient delivery to your door.