Beat winter. Ride Cross.
Ditch the trainer. Get fitter. Learn bike handling skills. Have fun.
Want to start with Cyclocross this year? Choose the Inflite CF SL – it’s accessible and can take a beating winter after winter.
Read the article
SRAM Force eTap AXS 12s, DT Swiss CRC1400 Spline$5,999.00Financing available for this product
- Color: Podium Metallic
Expert Bike Servicing
VelofixVelofix is a full-service mobile bike shop that can be scheduled to meet your assembly needs, time frame, and location.
Canyon approved local bike mechanicsA search engine for expert local bike workshops. Hand-picked by Canyon. And customer reviews are included, so you know you can trust your mechanic. Includes E-bike servicing.
We ship directly to your door. Canyon bikes are designed to be assembled hassle free in minutes, all necessary tools are included.
We're here for you. The best bike experts work right here at Canyon. Call, email, or chat with us and get your questions answered.
Flexible financing from Affirm lets you choose the payment plan that works best for you with no late fees.
30 Day Home Trial
We're confident that your new Canyon will exceed expectations. If not, we'll take it back within 30 days and pay shipping both ways.
Cyclocross bikes: strong off-road, fast on the road
The cyclocross bike was developed for the unique sport of cyclocross racing. As a combination between road, gravel and cross-country mountain biking, a cyclocross bike is the perfect tool for the job.
What is a cyclocross bike?
The cyclocross bike is an off-road racing bike. The bike was specially developed for the tough conditions of cyclocross racing. The features and functions of the bike are perfectly adapted to dirt tracks and challenging races.
One of the most important differences compared to a classic road bike is the increased tire clearance for wheels with larger tire widths.
- Typical equipment of cyclocross bikes:
- 28-inch wheels with treaded tires.
- Tire width between 32 and 35 mm (for competitions maximum 33 mm)
- Shimano or SRAM gears with fine gear graduation especially for cyclocross (standard: 2 chainrings, 1-1by groupsets are also available)
- Hydraulic disc brakes
A lightweight frame and a flattened top tube make the bike comfortable to shoulder. This is necessary because almost every course in cross races contains sections that cannot be ridden. Whereas aluminium frames were used in the past, today it is primarily carbon frames with an even lower weight.
Thanks to the geometry with short wheelbase, you can easily keep control of your cyclocross bike even in difficult conditions.
Tip: Find out how our engineers developed the Inflite - the winning bike of the Cyclocross World Championship.
Is a cyclocross bike right for you?
With a cyclocross bike, the focus is clearly on performance. Everyday suitability is secondary.
Under these conditions, a cyclocross bike is ideal for you:
- You want to ride at high speed through unpaved and hilly terrain.
- You are not afraid of muddy ground and puddles.
- You want to be able to continue your training in all weather conditions.
- You prefer short, challenging routes to really push yourself.
For longer rides off-road and on the road, a gravel bike is recommended due to a more relaxed and comfortable geometry. For more relaxed rides, hybrid bikes or even e-bikes are just the ticket.
Which Canyon cyclocross bike is right for you?
With our Inflite CF series, we offer cyclocross road bikes for different training requirements:
- Inflite CF SL: The SL models are ideal for your local league races. Frame and forks are made entirely of carbon and are based on the top level models. The perfectly tuned ‘cross geometry allows you to ride at a fast pace, with a stable ride and impressively direct handling.
- Inflite CF SLX: The SLX models are our high-end machines for use in international championships. Frame, fork and rims are made of stiff but at the same time flexible carbon fiber. Thanks to the geometry that has been optimised down to the last detail, you always have maximum control over your bike.
Buy your cyclocross bike from Canyon
At Canyon you can order your new cyclocross bike online directly from the manufacturer: with a 30-day return policy, 6-year warranty and service partners around the world.