just 10 minutes
in direct sales
General Terms and Conditions of Canyon Bicycles GmbH
(1) All offers, sales contracts, deliveries and services made on the basis of any orders by our customers (each, a “Customer“) through our online shop www.canyon.com (the “Internet Shop“), including orders by telephone, e-mail, fax, or mail shall be governed by these general terms and conditions of sale (the “General Terms and Conditions“). In addition, all sales in our Showroom shall also be governed by these General Terms and Conditions insofar as they do not specifically regard distance selling.
(2) The product offerings in the Internet Shop are directed to both Consumers and Business Customers (as defined below), but in each case only to end users. For the purpose of these General Terms and Conditions, (i) a "Consumer“ is any individual entering into the contract for a purpose not related to his or her business, trade or self-employed professional activity (Sec. 13 of the German Civil Code), and (ii) a "Business Customer“ is a Customer (whether an individual, company or partnership vested with legal capacity) who enters into the relevant contract in the conduct of its business or its self-employed professional activity (Sec. 14 (1) of the German Civil Code).
(3) The General Terms and Conditions prevail over any terms and conditions submitted by the Customer. Standard business conditions of the Customer do not apply, regardless of whether or not we expressly object to them in a particular case.
(1) Our offerings published in the Internet Shop, in catalogues, and in our Showroom are non-binding.
(2) By placing an order in the Internet Shop (which requires prior registration and acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions), the Customer makes a binding offer to purchase the relevant product. The offer shall remain valid and binding for a period ending on the end of the 5th calendar day following the day of the offer. We are able to accept the order within this period.
(3) Without undue delay upon receipt of the order, we will send to the Customer by e-mail a confirmation of receipt, which shall not constitute an acceptance of the order. The order shall be deemed to be accepted by us either upon subsequent (e-mail) acceptance of the order or by dispatching the product. The sales contract with the Customer shall not become effective until our acceptance in the manner set out in this section 2(3), and not simply by our email confirmation of our receipt of a Customer’s order.
(4) Any Customer who is a Consumer shall be entitled to revoke the offer and return the product in accordance with the cancellation and return policy as separately made available to the Customer in connection with the e-mail confirming receipt of the order.
(5) In case the Customer asks for a cost estimate for repair work, in order to avoid unnecessary long service time for customer bicycles, the Customer has to declare within two weeks after receipt of the requested cost estimate whether he wants to accept or decline our offer. In case the Customer does not make a declaration within two weeks, we will provide an appropriate grace period of one week. After expiry of the grace period without a declaration of the Customer, we will assume that he declines our offer and will in this case return the product at the shipping costs of the Customer. We will also inform the Customer separately of this consequence in connection with our information regarding the grace period.
(1) Our prices include statutory VAT (GST), but are net of shipping costs. Prices in non-EU countries (excluding Australia and New Zealand) do not include VAT (GST). Any customs duties and similar public charges shall be borne by the Customer.
(2) Unless expressly otherwise agreed by us, all shipments by us shall require advance payment (to be made in the manner specified in our order form) upon receipt of an invoice (which may be sent by e-mail and included in our notice of acceptance). Upon the Customer’s request, to be made in the order form, we will deliver the product against payment of the invoiced amount in our store in Karl-Tesche-Straße 12, D-56073 Koblenz.
(3) The Customer shall have no right of set-off or retention, except to the extent that the counterclaim has not been disputed by us or been determined by a final and binding decision.
(1) We shall dispatch the product prior to or on the date of dispatch (i. e. the date on which the product is handed over by us to the carrier), as set out on the offer page when the Customer places the order; provided, however, that any such date of dispatch shall be only approximate and may therefore be exceeded by up to two business days. If no date of dispatch is indicated, we shall dispatch the product at the latest within five business days for products specified as "AVAILABLE FROM STOCK“ (subject to a prior sale permitted pursuant to subsection 2 below) and within three weeks for any other products. Any such time period relevant to determine the date of dispatch shall begin upon receipt by us of the full purchase price (including GST and
(2) In the event that the product has, upon placement of the offer by the Customer, been identified in the Internet Shop as "AVAILABLE FROM STOCK“, we will keep sufficient quantity of the product in stock during a period of five business days following our acceptance of the order; unless payment is received by us within such period, we shall be free to otherwise sell the product. In such case, we shall dispatch the product during such period of five business days only as long as a sufficient quantity of the product is in stock. Otherwise, a period of three weeks as from the receipt of payment shall be deemed to be agreed upon for the dispatch of
(3) In the event that our supplier fails to deliver in a timely manner any products which were not identified on the offer page in the Internet Store (at the time of the order) as "AVAILABLE FROM STOCK“ or were sold out pursuant to subsection 2, the relevant date of dispatch pursuant to subsections 1 and 2 shall be extended until delivery is made by our supplier plus an additional period of two business days, but in no event by a period of more than three weeks. Any such extension shall be subject to the proviso that we have without undue delay ordered the relevant products from the supplier and that our supplier’s failure to timely supply the products is not a result of our fault or negligence.
(4) In the event that the product is no longer available, or cannot be timely delivered, for any of the reasons set out in subsection 3, we shall without undue delay inform the Customer thereof. In these cases, we will make an individual agreement with the customer regarding the time of delivery. If the product is no longer available from our suppliers within the foreseeable future, we shall be entitled to terminate the sales contract. In case of any such termination, we shall without undue delay reimburse the Customer any payments which the Customer has made to us in respect of the order. The legal rights of the Customer resulting from late delivery shall not be affected by this provision; provided, however, that the Customer may claim damages only subject to the provisions of Section 8 of these General Terms and Conditions. In the event that the product is permanently not available, we will not accept the order. In this case, a sales contract with the Customer shall not become effective.
(5) In the event that we fail to keep a date of delivery, the Customer shall provide an appropriate grace period that may not be less than one week.
(6) Partial deliveries of Products included in the same order shall be permitted, provided that the products can be used separately and provided further that we shall bear any additional shipping costs caused thereby.
(7) In case the Customer does not apply with an agreed pickup date, we will provide an appropriate grace period of one week and reserve our right of rescission of the contract. We will also inform the Customer separately of this consequence in connection with our information regarding the grace period.
(1) Canyon bikes are fully assembled and adjusted by qualified technicians in our factory. Specific components (wheels, seat posts, pedals, handlebars) are removed for safety reasons prior to shipment. For this reason the consumer must fit these parts when he receives delivery of his bike. Written information on how to fit wheels, seat posts, pedals and handlebars as well as the necessary tools are included with the delivery of the bike. In addition, a video explaining how to fit the required parts is available on the Canyon website. If necessary, telephone support on how to fit parts is available from the Canyon Service Center.
(2) Unless expressly otherwise agreed upon, we shall be free to determine the appropriate mode of shipment and to select the carrier at our reasonable discretion. We shall bear the risk of transport in case the Customer is a consumer. Business Customers will bear the risk of transport and in that regard must arrange appropriate insurance.
(3) We shall only be obliged to properly and timely deliver the product to the carrier, and any transit times specified in the Internet Store shall only be non-binding estimates.
(4) If the Customer is a Consumer, the risk of accidental destruction, damage or loss of the delivered product shall pass to the Customer upon delivery of the product to the Customer or upon the Customer’s default of acceptance. In all other cases, such risk shall pass to the Customer upon delivery of the product by us to the carrier.
(5) The Customer shall bear the shipping costs. The shipping costs include the costs for a transport insurance against the usual risks of transportation. We will inform the Customer of the shipping costs in the order form.
(6) The Customer shall bear the usual return shipping costs when exercising the right to revoke in case the delivered product is consistent with the ordered product and the price of the returned product does not exceed EUR 40.00, or in case of a higher price, if the Customer has not paid or had not made an agreed partial payment at the time when exercising the right to revoke.
(1) We retain legal title to any product supplied by us until the purchase price (including GST and shipping costs) for such product and all other money that the Customer may owe us at any time on any account have been fully paid. The Customer acknowledges that this provision creates a security interest over the product for the purposes of the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth).
The Customer may have rights in relation to products under Australian Consumer Law. Nothing in these terms and conditions (including Sections 7 and 8) excludes or restricts any of the Customer’s statutory rights. Where the products are not purchased for personal, domestic or household use, we may limit the Customer’s remedies to replacing or repairing the product or reimbursing the Customer for the cost of repairing or replacing the product.
(1) In the event of a defect of the delivered product, the Customer shall be entitled to request from us to repair the defect or to supply another product (as ordered) which is free from defects.
(2) We may refuse to remedy a defective product in the manner requested by the Customer if such remedy would result in unreasonable costs.
(3) If the remedy (supplementary performance) pursuant to Section 7 fails or cannot reasonably be expected from the Customer or we refuse to so remedy the defect, the Customer shall be entitled to terminate the sales contract, reduce the purchase price or claim damages or frustrated expenses, in each case in accordance with applicable law; provided, however, that damage claims of the Customer shall be subject to the provisions contained in Section 8 of these General Terms and Conditions.
(4) In addition to the statutory warranty, we voluntarily grant for 2008 models and onwards an extended guarantee of 6 years in total from the date of delivery (5 years for all models prior to 2008) for Canyon frames and Canyon forks on road and triathlon machines as well as on mountainbike frames, excluding bearings and shocks as well as damages to the paintwork/anodisation.
(5) Without any limitation of the statutory warranty rights of the Customer, our voluntary guarantee is subject to the following additional conditions:
(i) The guarantee does not cover damages caused by inappropriate or unspecified use according to the fields of use for the particular product as described on our website, as for example
(1) Our liability for negligence, other than for gross negligence, resulting from late delivery shall be limited to an amount equal to (10)% of the aggregate purchase price (including GST).
(2) We shall not be liable (on whatever legal grounds) for damages which may not reasonably be foreseen, considering the type of the relevant order and product and assuming normal use of the product. The foregoing limitations of liability shall not apply in cases of wilful misconduct or gross negligence.
(3) Damage claims of the Customer based on obvious defects of the product are excluded, unless the Customer reports the defect within two weeks after the delivery of the product.
(4) The provisions of this Section 8 shall not apply with respect to our liability for guaranteed product specifications (within the meaning of Sec. 444 of the German Civil Code), personal injury or under the German Product Liability Act. They will also not apply to the extent prohibited by Australian Consumer Law. Sections 8(2) and 8(3) will not apply to Consumers (as defined in 1(2) above).
(1) We may save and process any data relating to the Customer, to the extent necessary for the purpose of the execution and implementation of the sales contract and as long as we are required to keep such data in accordance with applicable law.
(2) We shall neither make available any personal data of the Customer to other third parties without the express consent of the Customer, except to the extent that we are required to disclose any data pursuant to applicable law.
(3) We shall not be permitted to collect, submit to any third party or otherwise process personal data of the Customer for any purpose other than those set forth in this Section 9.
(1) Any contracts entered into between us and the Customer shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany under exclusion of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG), without prejudice to any mandatory conflict of laws provisions.
The provisions in these General Terms and Conditions relating to Australian Consumer Law apply only to sales of products to Australian residents. To the extent necessary, Australian law will govern those provisions (including those provisions relating to any limitations to our liability).
Canyon Bicycles GmbH (hereinafter called CANYON) is pleased that you are visiting our website. Data protection and data safety while using our website are very important for us. Therefore, we would like to inform you at this point about which of your personal data we record at the time of your visit to our website and for what purposes these data are used.
Since changes in laws or changes in our internal company processes may make adjustment of this data protection statement necessary, we ask you to read through this data protection statement regularly. The data protection statement can be called up on the data protection navigation area on our website, stored, and printed out at any time.
The responsible party in the sense of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter GDPR) and other national data protection laws of the member states as well as other legal data protection specifications is:
Canyon Bicycles GmbH
Tel.: +49 261 404000
This data protection statement is valid for the internet offer of Canyon Bicycles GmbH, which can be found at the domain www.canyon.com as well as the different subdomains (hereinafter called “our website”).
The external data protection officer of the responsible party is:
Herr Rechtsanwalt Dr. Karsten Kinast, LL.M.
KINAST Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Tel.: +49 (0)221 – 222 183 – 0
All items of information that refer to an identified or identifiable natural person are personal data. For example, this includes information such as your name, your age, your address, your telephone number, your date of birth, your email address, your IP address or the user behaviour. Information, with which we can make no reference (or only with a disproportionately large expense) to your person, e.g. by anonymising the information, is not personal data. The processing of personal data (for example, collecting, questioning, using, storing, or transmitting) always requires a legal basis or your consent. Processed personal data are erased as soon as the purpose of the processing has been achieved and legally stipulated retention obligations are no longer in effect.
If we process your personal data for preparing specific offers, we will subsequently inform you concerning the specific procedures, the scope, and the purpose of the data processing, the legal basis for the processing and the respective storage duration.
In the case of calling up and using our website, we collect the personal data automatically, which your browser transmits to our server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. When you use our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us, in order to display our website to you and to assure the stability and reliability.
Article 6, paragraph 1, letter 1 GDPR serves as the legal basis for the specified data processing. The processing of the specified data is necessary for preparing a website and thus serves for supporting a justified interest of our company.
As soon as the specified data are no longer necessary for displaying the website, they are erased. The recording of the data for preparing the website and the storage of the data in logfiles is absolutely required for the operation of the internet page. Consequently, there is no possibility of objection on the part of the user. Further storage can take place in individual cases, if this is legally stipulated.
On our internet page, we offer users the possibility of purchasing goods with the specification of personal data, The data required for this are input into an input mask and transmitted to us and stored. Transfer of the data to third parties does not take place. The following data are collected within the framework of the ordering procedure:
Your data are transferred to the shipping company in charge of the delivery, in so far as this is necessary for delivery of the goods. For transacting payments, we transfer your payment data to the financial institution entrusted with the payment. That company may only use your data for contract settlement and not for other purposes.
If you purchase goods on our internet page and enter your email address at that time, it may be used subsequently by us for sending a newsletter for our own similar goods or services.
In processing your personal data (cf. § 4 3. a.) that are required for fulfilling a purchase agreement concluded with us, Art. 6, paragraph 1, letter b GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies for processing procedures that are required for carrying out pre-contractual measures.
The legal basis for sending the newsletter subsequent to the purchasing of goods is § 7 para. 3 UWG (Gesetz gegen unlauteren Wettbewerb [German Fair Trade Practices Act]).
With complete settlement of the agreement and complete purchase price payment, your data are stored for further use and erased after expiry of the legal tax and commercial law retention periods, if you have not expressly agreed to the further use of your data. Further storage can take place in individual cases, if this is legally stipulated.
On our internet page, we offer users the possibility of purchasing goods with the specification of personal data, The data required for this are input into an input mask and transmitted to us and stored. Transfer of the data to third parties does not take place. The following data are collected within the framework of the ordering procedure:
No transfer of your data to third parties takes place in connection with the sending of the newsletter.
We use the so-called double opt-in method for sending the newsletter, that is, we will send you the newsletter only if you confirm your request beforehand via a confirmation email sent to you for this purpose per link contained therein. Thus, we want to make sure that only you can subscribe to the newsletter yourself as holder of the indicated email address. Your confirmation concerning this must take place soon after receiving the confirmation email, since otherwise your newsletter subscription is automatically erased from our database
The processing of your email address, salutation, your date of birth, and the bicycle and news category of interest for you for sending the newsletter is based on Article 6, paragraph 1, letter a GDPR on the consent statement issued by you on the basis of a double opt-in.
Your email address is stored as long as you have subscribed to the newsletter. After cancellation of sending the newsletter, your email address is erased. Further storage can take place in individual cases, if this is legally stipulated.
On our website we invite you to get in contact with us via a prepared form. Within the framework of the procedure of sending your inquiries via the contact form, reference is made to this data protection statement for obtaining your consent. If you make use of the contact form, the following personal data from you are processed via the contact form.
The specification of your email address is so that your inquiry can be associated with you and that you can be answered. If the contact form is used, your personal data will not be transferred to third parties.
The previously (cf. § 4 5. a.) described data processing for the purpose of making contact takes place according to Article 6, paragraph 1, letter a GDPR on the consent statement voluntarily made by you below:
As soon as the inquiry made by you has been dealt with, and the matter concerned is finally clarified, your personal data processed via the contact form will be erased. Further storage can take place in individual cases, if this is legally stipulated.
We transfer your personal data to third parties only if:
Different kinds of cookies are used on our website, the kind and function of which will be explained in detail below.
Transient cookies, which are automatically erased as soon as you close your browser, are used on our website. This kind of cookies makes it possible to determine your session ID. In this way, different requests from your browser can be associated with a common session and it is possible for us to re-recognise your terminal at the time of later website visits.
In addition, persistent cookies are used on our website. Persistent cookies are cookies that are stored in your browser for a longer period of time and transmit information to us. The respective storage duration differs from cookie to cookie. You can erase persistent cookies independently via your browser settings.
These cookies are necessary for technical reasons so that you can visit our website and use functions that we offer. For example, this refers to the following applications: Ordering procedure, payment procedure
Moreover, these cookies contribute to a safer use of the website in according with regulations.
By means of these cookies, it is possible for us to perform an analysis of website use and to improve performance and functionality of our website. For example, they are used to obtain information about how our website is used by visitors, what pages are called up most often or if error messages are displayed on specific pages.
Cookies for marketing and social media
Advertising cookies (of third party suppliers) make it possible to display to you different offers that correspond to your interests. Among other things, the web activities of the users over a long period of time can be determined via these cookies. The cookies possibly recognise you on different terminals that you use.
The following third-party suppliers obtain data with personal references via cookies integrated on our website:
• Google, AdRoll
Furthermore, specific cookies make it possible to build a connection to your social networks and to share content of our website within your networks.
As soon as the data transmitted to us via cookies for achieving the purposes described above are no longer necessary, this information is erased. Further storage can take place in individual cases, if this is legally stipulated.
Most browsers are preadjusted so that they accept cookies as a standard procedure. However, you can configure your respective browser so that it only accepts certain cookies or even no longer accepts cookies. However, we inform you that you possibly can no longer use all functions of our website if cookies are deactivated by your browser settings on our website. You can also erase cookies already stored in your browser via your browser settings. Furthermore, it is also possible to adjust your browser so that it informs you before cookies are stored. Since the different browsers can differ in their respective modes of functioning, please take advantage of the respective help menu of your browser for the configuration possibilities.
If you wish to have a comprehensive overview of all access by third parties to your internet browser, we recommend that you install plug-ins specially developed for this.
We use tracking and analysis tools in order to assure continuous optimisation and demand-oriented configuration of our website. By means of tracking measures it is also possible for us to statistically record the use of our website by visitors and to further develop our online offering for you by means of the knowledge obtained in this way. On the basis of these interests, the use of the tracking and analysis tools described below is authorised according to Article 6, paragraph 1, page 1, letter f GDPR. The respective processing purposes and the processed data can also be found in the following description of the tracking and analysis tools.
Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountainview, CA 94043 USA (“Google”) is used on this website. Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files, which are stored on their computer, and which enable an analysis of your use of the website.
The information generated by these cookies, for example concerning time, place, and frequency of your use of this website, are as a rule transmitted to a server of Google in the USA and stored there. In using Google Analytics, it is not excluded that the cookies set by Google Analytics can also record additional personal data in addition to the IP address. We point out to you that Google possibly will transmit this information to third parties, if this is legally stipulated or insofar as third parties process these data on behalf of Google.
The information generated by cookies is used by Google on behalf of the operator of this website in order to evaluate your use of the website, in order to compile reports concerning the website activities, and to furnish the website operator with further data services connected with the website use and the internet use. The IP address transmitted from your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not transmitted by Google, according to Google’s own information, along with the other data from Google.
You can generally block storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, we inform you that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website in their full scope.
It is not excluded that the cookies set by Google Analytics can record additional personal data in addition to the IP address. In order to prevent information concerning your use of the website from being recorded by Google Analytics and transmitted to Google Analytics, you can download and install a plug-in for your browser under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
This plug-in prevents information concerning your visit to the website from being transmitted to Google Analytics. Another analysis is not prevented by this plug-in.
We inform you that you cannot use the browser plug-in described above in case of a visit to our website via the browser of a mobile device (smartphone or tablet). In case of using a mobile device, you can prevent the recording of your use data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link: Deactivate Google Analytics.
By clicking on this link, a so-called opt-out cookie is set in your browser. This prevents information concerning your visit to the website from being transmitted to Google Analytics. Please note that the opt-out cookie is valid only for this browser and only for this domain. If you erase the cookies in this browser, the opt-out cookie also is erased. Furthermore, in order to prevent the recording by Google Analytics, you must click on the link again. The use of the opt-out cookie is also possible as an alternative to the above plug-in in the case of using the browser on your computer.
In order to provide the best possible protection of your personal data, Google Analytics was expanded on this website by the code “anonymizeIP”. This code causes the last 8 bits of the IP address to be erased and thus your IP address is recorded anonymised (so-called IP masking). In this way, your IP address is basically shortened and thus anonymised by Google already before the transmission within member states of the European Union or in other contracting countries of the Agreement concerning the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the complete IP address transmitted to a server by Google in the USA and shortened there.
We use the “Google AdWords” technology and, in this case, especially the conversion tracking. Google Conversion Tracking is an analysis service of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. If you click on a display placed by Google, a cookie for the conversion tracking is stored on your PC. The cookies have a validity of 30 days and do not serve for personal identification. If you visit certain pages of our website, and if the cookie has not yet expired, Google and we can detect that you have clicked on a specific display and were passed on to this page. In each case, Google AdWords customers obtain another cookie. Thus, it is not possible to track cookies via the websites of AdWords customers.
The data obtained by means of the conversion cookie serve for creating conversion statistics for AdWords customers that use the conversion tracking. In this way the customers obtain the number of users that have clicked on their display and thereupon were passed on to a page provided with a conversion tracking tag. Of course, they obtain no information, with which the user can be personally identified.
If you do not want to participate in the conversion tracking, you can prevent this by a corresponding setting in your browser, e.g. in the form that an installation of cookies is generally prevented. You can also deactivate cookies for the conversion tracking by setting your browser so that only cookies from the web address “googleadcervices.com” are blocked.
Auf unseren Webseiten sind Social Plugins der sozialen Netzwerke „Facebook“( Facebook Inc., Our web pages contain social plug-ins of the social networks “Facebook” ( Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA), “Google+” (Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA), and “Twitter” (Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA) It is possible that personal data about the visitors to the web page are also acquired via these plug-ins, transmitted to the respective service, and connected with the visitor’s respective service.
Our web pages contain social plug-ins of the social networks “Facebook” ( Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA), “Google+” (Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA), and “Twitter” (Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA) It is possible that personal data about the visitors to the web page are also acquired via these plug-ins, transmitted to the respective service, and connected with the visitor’s respective service. https://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/Shariff-Social-Media-Buttons-mit-Datenschutz-2467514.html
After clicking on a social plug-in, the respective service supplier obtains the information that you have visited the corresponding page of our online offer. Please note, that for this you do not have to have a user account with the service concerned or that you are already logged in there. Of course, if you already have a user account with the service supplier concerned and are already logged in this account during the visit to our website, the data acquired by the social plug-in are directly associated with your account. If you do not want the association of your profile with the data supplier, you must log out from your user account before clicking on one of the social plug-ins.
Please obtain the data protection information directly from the website of the respective service concerning the extent and purpose of the data collection by the respective service as well as the further processing and use of your data. There, you will obtain further information concerning your corresponding data protection rights and settings possibilities for protection of your privacy.
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA
c) Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA
https://www.xing.com/app/share?op=data_protection and http://www.xing.com/privacy.
On our website we use, among others, the supplier YouTube for the integration of videos etc. YouTube is operated by YouTube LLC with main headquarters at 901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. YouTube is represented by Google Inc. with headquarters at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
On some of our internet pages, we use plug-ins of the supplier YouTube. If you call up the internet pages of our website that have such a plug-in, a connection to the YouTube Servers is produced and, in this way, the plug-in is presented. In this way, information about which of our internet pages you have visited is transmitted to the YouTube server If you are logged into YouTube as a member, YouTube associates this information with your personal user account. In case of using the plug-in such as, for example, clicking on the start button of a video, this information is also associated with your user account. You can prevent this association by logging out of your YouTube user account as well as other user accounts of the companies YouTube LLC and Google Inc. and erasing the corresponding cookies of the companies before using our internet site.
You will find further information concerning data processing and information protection by YouTube (Google) at https://policies.google.com/privacy
A button from the Instagram service is integrated on our website. These functions are offered by Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA. If you are logged into your Instagram account, you can link the content of our pages with your Instagram profile by clicking on the Instagram button. In this way, Instagram can associate the visit to our pages with your user account. We point out that we, as the supplier of the pages, obtain no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data as well as the use thereof by Instagram.
You will find further information about this in the data protection statement of Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
On our website, there are so-called hyperlinks to websites of other suppliers. Upon clicking on these hyperlinks, you are passed from our website directly onto the website of the other suppliers. You recognise this, among other things, by the change of the URL. We can assume no responsibility for the confidential treatment of your data on these websites of third parties, since we have no influence over whether these companies adhere to data protection provisions. Please learn about the treatment of your personal data by these companies directly on these websites.
Pursuant to the GDPR, you have the following rights as a person affected by the processing of personal data:
In the case of the processing of your personal data on the basis of justified interests according to Article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1, letter f GDPR you have the right, according to Article 21 GDPR, to lodge an objection against the processing of your personal data, if there are grounds for this, which result from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the case of direct advertising, you have a general right to object, which shall be implemented by us without indication of a particular situation.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and treating your personal data confidentially. In order to prevent a manipulation or a loss or misuse of your data stored with us, we take extensive technical and organisational security precautions, which are regularly checked and adapted for technological advances. This includes, among other things, the use of recognised encryption methods (SSL or TLS). However, we point out that because of the structure of the internet, it is possible that the rules of data protection and the above-mentioned security measures are not observed by other persons or institutions that are not in our area of responsibility. In particular, unencrypted exposed data – e.g. when this takes place via email – can be read by third parties. We have technically no influence on this. It is in the area of responsibility of the user to protect the data made available, by them by means of encryption or in another way, against misuse.
Canyon Bicycles GmbH · Karl-Tesche-Straße 12 · 56073 Koblenz · Germany
Managing director: Roman Arnold, Lothar Arnold, Michael Kaiser
Business register: Amtsgericht Koblenz HRB 2870
Sales tax identification number: DE 148 719 832
Weee: DE 73295281
Order and information Hotline: +49 (0)261 40 4000
Call and order: Monday to Friday 9.00am – 7.00pm (CET)
Order fax: +49 (0)261 40 400 50
Online Dispute Resolution:
Effective February 15, 2016 the EU Commission has created a platform for extrajudicial dispute resolution. This gives consumers the opportunity to resolve disputes related to online orders without the requirement for a judicial process involving courts and judges. This dispute resolution process is available via the external link at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
wysiwyg* software design gmbh, Düsseldorf
The contents of external web pages to which we have provided links to,
is the exclusive responsibility of the respective offerer.
Terms of payment and shipping of Canyon Bicycles GmbH, D-56073 Koblenz
All shipping takes place with DHL or UPS. Within the EU, any missing articles will of course be delivered to you subsequently and free of charge. For outside the EU we will contact you before shipping to inform you about the additional shipping expenses.
The supply is always subject to availability. The purchase contract takes effect upon fulfilment by Canyon, i.e. it only becomes legally effective when goods are delivered in accordance with the delivery note. In the case of catalogue, telephone and Internet orders we will inform you of the receipt of your order and on contractual details by e-mail.
All our packages are insured for the transit period. Please examine the package immediately with receipt for damages. Any damage must be communicated to the shipping company within 24 hours. You will receive a confirmation of the message, which you will send to us, together with the original package and a copy of the invoice. Please call us by telephone before you send.
Our prices include statutory VAT (GST), but are net of shipping costs. Prices in non-EU countries (excluding Australia and New Zealand) do not include VAT (GST). Any customs duties and similar public charges shall be borne by the Customer.
Orders to delivery addresses in non-EU states include the German GST in the online shopping cart. When processing invoices the amounts of the ordered goods are displayed as net prices. Customs and import duties may also be payable on deliveries abroad. These charges are to be paid by the recipient of the goods. Canyon Bicycles has no influence on these charges.
A reimbursement of the GST added to a product can take place only if a certificate of export customer for value added tax purposes is sent within 3 months after invoice date. You keep the form free from us.
Legal guidelines for Swiss visitors:
Since 1 September 2010 we are not permitted to deliver bikes and accessories under the CANYON brand name to Switzerland due to trademark protection laws. Therefore we offer bikes and accessories exclusively for the Swiss market on our Swiss website www.purecycling.ch. These products are identical to those sold outside Switzerland by Canyon Bicycles GmbH under the CANYON brand name. If you have any further queries, please contact out Information and Order Hotline on the toll free number 0800-564731.
Here you can find our General Terms and Conditions.
How can I help you?