- Strive CF
- Strive AL
- Spectral CF
- Spectral AL 29
- Spectral AL
- Nerve AL 29
- Nerve AL
- Lux CF 29
- Grand Canyon CF SLX 29
- Grand Canyon CF SL 29
- Grand Canyon CF 29
- Grand Canyon AL SLX 29
- Grand Canyon AL 29
- Yellowstone AL 29
- Dude CF
Nous ne livrons malheureusement pas dans ce pays.
SERVICE CHAT PARLEZ AUX PERSONNES QUI FABRIQUENT VOTRE VÉLO :
NOTRE CHAT N'EST PAS DISPONIBLE ACTUELLEMENT. VOUS POURREZ NOUS CONTACTER PROCHAINEMENT.
The rear derailleur is the most exposed part on the bicycle. If force is applied to this part, the bike frame or the rear derailleur could be damaged. To prevent damage on these expensive parts, the rear derailleur is connected to the frame with a rear derailleur hanger. If lateral force is applied to the rear derailleur, for example by a fall or during transport, it absorbs the force and protects the frame and the rear derailleur from damage. In this case it breaks or bends.
A bent or broken rear derailleur hanger needs to be changed.
Hint: Check from time to time if the rear derailleur hanger is not bent. In many cases a bent derailleur hanger results in a malfunctioning rear derailleur.
1. Check the rear derailleur hanger as follows: Lean the bicycle on a wall and look at the hanger from behind. The cage of the rear derailleur hanger should be positioned plumb-vertical to the sprockets.
2. If the hanger is bent or broken, you need to change it. Firstly, unscrew the rear derailleur. Picture 2
3. The hanger is attached to the frame with two small allen screws, of either 2mm or 2,5mm.Picture 3
4. You can attach the new hanger in the same way. Always mind the correct torque. Picture 4
Apply grease to the hanger to avoid creaking sounds.
Mounting of rear derailleur hangers, model year 2015, for Nerve CF Serie (except Nerve AL29), all Strive models, all Spectral models, all Dude CF models and the Grand Canyon CF 5.9
1. Grease the assembly area Picture 5
2. Mount the plate from outside Picture 6
3. Mount the hanger Picture 7
4. Screw together both parts. Tighten the screw with 3Nm. Picture 8
5.Grease the thread of the derailleur hanger and mount it. Picture 9
Ensure that all bolts and screws are tightened to the correct torque. The correct torque is indicated on the component itself, in the bike manual provided with your new bike, or here in the Technical Support Center.