Qui puoi trovare alcune utili istruzioni per mantenere la tua Canyon in perfetta forma! Seleziona l'argomento di tuo interesse e troverai la soluzione al tuo problema.
Features of Carbon
Unique Finish on Black Carbon Frames
By using the very latest manufacturing processes, the underlying carbon structure on our carbon frames can be visible in places. This gives each frame its own unique look as you can see the individual fibre layup, which changes depending on how light catches the frame.
That way we can expose the functionality of your frame and show how unidirectional carbon structures really work. Moreover, you get a frame that has been designed in a manner that goes against convention so in the end you have a product that is a one-off and cannot be replicated.
Carbon, or carbon fibre reinforced plastics (CFRP) to give the material its full name, has a number of characteristics not found on frames constructed out of steel or aluminium.
You may find a thin plastic film on the inside of the frame or fork. This was required during the manufacture of your bike and should under no circumstances be removed. You can buy a specific plug from Canyon to place down the fork shaft and hide any of the plastic film left in sight.
If you take note of the following advice then you will be able to keep riding your Canyon problem-free for years to come:
- When fitting carbon parts or attaching parts to a carbon frame always ensure that all screws are tightened to the recommended tightness, or torque, as specified by the manufacturer. You will find the correct torque printed in the assembly instructions or on the part itself.
- Carbon parts do not have an unlimited lifespan. Therefore, carbon stems and handlebars should be replaced by new parts at regular intervals. The suggested lifespan of certain parts should be stated in the manufacturer’s assembly instructions
- Only use specific carbon assembly paste when fitting parts instead of standard grease.
- When cleaning carbon only use a soft, dry towel, water or weak soap, and then seal the surface with a hard wax.
- Take care when attaching parts such as bar ends to carbon bars. Carbon bars are not designed to support time trial bar extensions.