Tu nájdete informácie, ako sa starať o váš bicykel Canyon. Vyberte si kategóriu a nájdite riešenie.
Change chain with chain joint
The chain is a wear and tear part that is exposed to water and dirt. The service life of the chain depends on the intensity of use. A worn chain often results in imprecise shifting and extremely worn chains can jump over sprockets and even snap. A worn chain can also cause damage to the sprockets and chainrings. Then the chain must be replaced.
TIP: In order to measure the amount of chain wear there are special tools available. This tool is simply placed inside one of the chain links. If the thorn on the other side of the tool drops fully into the link, then the chain has stretched and must be replaced. On the upper image you can see a tool in a worn and fully functional chain. Picture 1
1. In order to change the chain you must first remove the old one. Position the chain rivet tool onto one of the links and press out the rivet. You can also open the chain via the chain lock or power link as it is often called. Squeeze the link together (it will often make a click sound) then push the two links either side of the link together until it comes apart.
2. In order to feed in the new chain, you shift the derailleur onto the position of the smallest sprocket on the cassette. Then when you fit the new chain, it is immediately under tension. Ensure when feeding the chain through the rear derailleur cage that the chain enters above the little nipple on the outside of the derailleur cage.
3. Some road bike chains have a pre-set direction of travel. Ensure that you fit these chains the correct way round. The side with the marked chain links must be on the outside (derailleur side), otherwise this will result in difficulties when shifting.
4. Now shorten the chain by removing links with the chain rivet tool to the previously determined length. After you have shortened the chain you should have narrow chain links on both sides.
5. Then connect the chain lock/power link and pull the chain apart to lock (chain should make a clicking noise).
6. Now check the link for smooth function. If the link is stiff, then you can free it by bending it to and fro. Now the rear wheel can be re-fitted.
Attention: Use only approved power links:
• Sram Power Link Silver für PC 68, PC 58, PC 48
• Sram Power Link Gold for PC 99, PC 89R, PC 69, PC 59, Hollow Pin chains should only be used with Power Link Gold
• Missing Link CL566R for KMC X9 chains